It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:07 am

Downloading new games 

Post Downloading new games
The links to the game downloads bring me to turbobit and was wondering if there was a way around waiting FOREVER to download the files? I have to wait forever to just hit download then it doesn't download. Is there another way? Am I doing it wrong?

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:15 am

Post Re: Downloading new games
Could you please tell what exact messages you get while trying to download a file?

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:04 pm

If you want an other way around from turbobit then you have to donate. Turbobit is there for people who don't donate so Auril still can get money for the site and content for other games. Which reminds me I have to order a new credit card thx

Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:24 pm

conflict2 wrote:
The links to the game downloads bring me to turbobit and was wondering if there was a way around waiting FOREVER to download the files? I have to wait forever to just hit download then it doesn't download. Is there another way? Am I doing it wrong?

Normal download click
Confirm that you are not a robot
A countdown expires
and then you should be able to download it

Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:24 am

So why are there multiple download files if only one of them has the .exe to run the game?

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:54 pm

conflict2 wrote:
So why are there multiple download files if only one of them has the .exe to run the game?

They all are important parts of a game, and you need to download and unpack/install all of them to launch and play the episode.
The process of unpacking is automatic - just place all the files in one folder and start unpacking the first one.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:02 pm

Thats weird, I've only ever downloaded the one with the .exe file and the game works fine. Interesting

Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:43 pm

Can anyone screenshot or explain how they do it? Like extract each download into a separate folder in one big folder? Or all in the same folder? If they're all in the same folder do I have to rename them all to not overwrite them?

Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:49 am

Just select all rar/zip files and click ectract into folder and there done it's all installed

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:26 am

conflict2 wrote:
Can anyone screenshot or explain how they do it? Like extract each download into a separate folder in one big folder? Or all in the same folder? If they're all in the same folder do I have to rename them all to not overwrite them?

After you have downloaded all parts of one game, which are presented as archives, place all these archives in one common folder and then start unpacking the first archive - all the others will be extracted automatically.

The archives should be named "[name_of_the_game].part1.rar", "[name_of_the_game].part2.rar", etc. (e.g., "XXXMas5.part1.rar", "XXXMas5.part2.rar", etc.), so do not rename them.

After the extraction process is completed, a new folder will appear in the same one where you unpacked the archives (e.g., "XXXMas5") - it's the folder where the game's contained.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:05 pm