It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Important announcement!!! 

Post Re: Important announcement!!!
Blue ist besser on Halloween :?:
it means there is an update and then on Halloween the release :?:

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:58 pm

We will see what happens, aurils new tails of azeroth blog on tumblr helps a lot I think to get some publicity, maybe everything works out fine this way, even though some people won't be able to donate or get betas anymore. Staying under the radar is a good reason for Auril to not go big, but it comes with problems like people not being able to donate via those services. If Auril still gets enough support then, we should all be happy for her and support her as much as we can. We will see how it works out.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Nerull,
Actually, Patreon is a much more convenient donation system, both visually and physically. That is probably the main reason why it exists.
Even if it cuts creator's income, Patreon still allows them to earn much more than without it - literally dozens of times more when it comes to adult game developers.

Last edited by BillyBale on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Paizuri wrote:
We will see what happens, aurils new tails of azeroth blog on tumblr helps a lot I think to get some publicity, maybe everything works out fine this way, even though some people won't be able to donate or get betas anymore. Staying under the radar is a good reason for Auril to not go big, but it comes with problems like people not being able to donate via those services. If Auril still gets enough support then, we should all be happy for her and support her as much as we can. We will see how it works out.

What have you all with the donation away Patreon has no other donate away enweder credit carde or Paypal that you have here also without toastast
At Pateron fall costs are not there at the amount, especially if it is another change

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:18 pm

BillyBale wrote:
Nerull,
Actually, Patreon is a much more convenient donation system, both visually and physically. That is probably the main reason why it exists.
Even if it cuts creator's income, Patreon still allows them to earn much more than without it - literally dozens of times more when it comes to adult game developers.

BillyBale

Patreon is not comfortable neither visual nor physical

to Patreon to change is not worthwhile due to the alleged better payability is not given
Patreon is not for Auril because what Auril is not going to sew Patreon umm is you can kanst since no 5 euro a month grant grant and 10 euro 2 month access enweder or
and as I said some are patreted by Patreon, you get paid for the month for a whole month
but you have to pay in the next month again because you have no 4 weeks togan but from the first to the 31 if you are on the 20 or 25 donations but beautifully in fall stepped

so you can now with the pay possibilities are better to listen to Pateron dreiß dreck because I know better
was there and my experience show this is absolutely not so
and I do not need to tell you that it is difficult to donate a month in the month, it is not

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Nerull,
Well, I have a different opinion. I made my statement because I've been following many Patreon creators for several years, so I have some understanding of how people feel about it. I could try to explain you why there're no actual problems with Patreon donating system, but I already see how this conversation would end, so I won't - I'm sorry.

You can see for yourself that most people in this topic would like to see Auril moving to Patreon.

Last edited by BillyBale on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:57 pm

Nerull wrote:

Yes, update according to normal schedule this weekend.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Lumistra wrote:
Nerull wrote:

Yes, update according to normal schedule this weekend.

Roger thank you :D

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:33 pm

lecran wrote:
Actually, Auril is right and Patreon is a bad idea as is...and no, her work doesn't fall under fair use in the current format. If she made only animations/pics/movies and possible small java games, that would be ok-ish which is why some do and are just fine on patreon, but the way it is now as a game, because she uses assets that belong to Blizz, I'm absolutely certain that the page will get taken down. Can always ask, but I doubt that it will be allowed.

She could try and just make a patreon for the things I mentioned (anims/pics etc) and then, ahem, have the game as a "bonus" on the side :lol: without saying anything about it on patreon, and they also have their own API, so you should be able to link your supporters there with the website here and run it at the same time so you know who donated and whatnot..

But those gifs, videos, images and small games use in-game assets. I don't really see how her game isn't protected under fair use. Other patreon artists rip in-game assets, like Studio FOW and they are fine. I believe Aurils work is safe because some of her models are updated or changed by other artists, they aren't 100% ripped from WoWs in-game models.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:52 pm

Nerull wrote:
Katie wrote:
Your work is protected under fair use. Other artists like yourself do the same thing and none of their work has been shut down. I understand you're worried, you have come such a long way with your work since the beta quest you released so many years ago to find a flower and give it to a druid. I think you should at least try it. You deserve more donations for your work and it would reach a wider audience who will fall in love with your game like we all did.

Excuse me but this is easy naive think
Patreon does not protect you in any way
so times it gives the kstster today to know nciht whether what they do on Patreon is really in order
but they do so again as long as it goes

Oh, I'm not talking about Patreon protecting her work, but I am saying under U.S. Law at the very least I believe her work is protected under fair use. However what constitutes fair use is still a gray area so I am not 100%. I am basing this on what I have seen on Patreon now for a couple years and those artists work whom I also donate to have been safe with no take downs issued. I can't speak for everyone, but I have donated to Auril since the very beginning , and while I support her change of donations to monthly I wouldn't be able to donate monthly because of the services offered to donate can be a hassle. For example; I have to call my bank and tell them to lift restrictions on my account so I can donate or send money to another country. And the restriction is only lifted for 10 minutes until it is put back in place and then I need to call again. Patreon is an easy to use service which will allow more people to donate to Auril, also it will allow her to continue to do what she enjoys while receiving a steady "income" from us.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:00 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next