It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:21 am

Joyous Reunion Demo Question 

Post Joyous Reunion Demo Question
Heyho,
just wanted to ask if it is intended that the demo stops after you talk to Jennifer back in the inn because the walkthrough on the fandom page goes way further. Also the third Hemet Scene doesn't seem to work.
I just want to know if I downloaded something wrong or something...

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:20 pm

Post Re: Joyous Reunion Demo Question
The demo you can download for free stops at patch 0.5 of the game. The beta build, which is only available for donators, is currently at 0.71. To continue the story, you have to either become a donator or wait until the game is fully done, as the full episode will be made available to everyone, regardless of them being a donator or not.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:18 pm

Okay, little followup question: I didn't mind not having a save option in the joyous reunion demo thingy but I don't have one in red riding hoof either. Is there anything wrong with my game or is it on purpose that there is no visible option to save?

Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:59 am

Saving systems are a bitch to make and not worth the effort for a project of this scale. The last working save system was for Archmage Alori. From current episode and onwards there will be a scene gallery instead.

The FAQ thread could use an update.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Well, kinda sad to hear because without the scene gallery in there is no way to replay anything and without a save system there is no way to pause your progress... but I do understand.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:42 pm

I completely understand you. I felt exactly like you before the newest update, where if you wanted to see a certain scene (maybe the scene between Alexstrasza, Sylvanas and the two worgens?), you had to play through the entire game up to that point to watch it again.

However, if you haven't done it already, I heavily recommend that you donate the few rubles that's required to become "premium". It's not a lot of money (it's basically what a cup of coffee and a hot dog cost in my country) and not only do you support Auril and Lumistra (which also allows them to continue to give us these amazing updates), you also get to experience all the extra stuff you get access to, like the ability to download all former episodes and new ones in less than 30 minutes, gallery, talk to other people who donated and so on for a whole month.
And even if you only want to donate for just a month, you can just download all the episodes and the newest version of Joyous Reunion and you then get to keep it forever.

Alright, I'm done with my long reply (phew), but I just wanted to come with my recommendation. I personally feel like it's more than worth the little cash you're "required" to donate. :-)

I hope that this at least can help you a little bit somehow :P

Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:22 am